Blissfield Aquatic Center
2023 HOURS OF OPERATION
The Blissfield Aquatic Center was opened in Summer 2020. The Blissfield Aquatic Center serves guests by providing a 6-lane lap pool, wading pool, splash pad, and exercise pool for all to enjoy. At the Center we provide open swim, recreational programming, and swim lessons. We welcome you to join us and cool off by the water.
Address & Site Information:
304 Sugar Street, Blissfield Michigan, 49228
Aquatic Center Rules & Regulations
- No person shall be under the influence of drugs or alcohol while in the facility. Alcohol and drugs are strictly prohibited within the facility.
- Smoking and use of smokeless tobacco and vaping is only permitted outside the facility.
- Glass containers are not permitted.
- Animals of any kind are not permitted in the facility, except for working dogs.
- Abusive or inappropriate language will not be permitted at any time.
- NO RUNNING or ROUGH PLAY.
- Radios must be restricted to personal sound devices with headphones.
- The Village of Blissfield is not responsible for personal property.
- All aquatic personnel are responsible for the enforcement of all Michigan Department of Health “Public Swimming Pool Rules.”
- The Village of Blissfield reserves the right to limit admissions due to safety considerations.
- Admission to the pool may be refused to any person having a contagious, infectious condition or communicable disease; including open blisters, cuts, sores, wounds, etc. These guests will not be allowed in the pool.
- No skateboards, roller blades / skates, or bikes are allowed inside of the Aquatic Center.
- Only proper swim attire will be permitted in the pool and activities. No jean shorts, under garments, t-shirts or cut-offs will be allowed due to health code violation.
- Rubber or plastic pants with elastic at the legs and waist must be worn over all diapers, with the exception of swim diapers.
- Showers are required before entering a pool or activity.
- Guests are responsible for providing their own towels.
- Spitting, spouting water, blowing of the nose or discharging bodily waste in the pool is strictly prohibited.
- No rafts, body boards, or inflatables are permitted in the pool.
- No snorkeling or SCUBA equipment is allowed.
- Guests may use goggles.
- Flipping, throwing, sitting on the shoulders, piggyback rides, and other unsafe activities are not permitted.
- Holding, standing or hanging on the pool lane lines, ladders, and rope is prohibited.
- Use only the designated pool entrance/exit.
- Lifeguards have the right to stop any play which they deem dangerous.
- Guest must obey lifeguards’ instructions at all times. Please direct any problems, concerns, or questions to the staff in charge.
Slide and Diving Board Rules
- ONLY slide in a sitting position with feet forward or on the back.
- No diving from the slide.
- Do not attempt to stop on the slide.
- Swimmers may not catch slide/diving users.
- Skipping in line and rowdy play are prohibited.
- Life jackets or other floatation devices are prohibited.
- Lifeguards have the authority to restrict use due to safety concerns. Obey lifeguard instructions at all time. They are here to ensure your safety.
- Eating, drinking or smoking will not be permitted in these areas.
- Loitering is prohibited.
- Lockers may be used on a single visit basis only.
- Guests may not occupy a locker overnight.
Inclement Weather Policy
It is our primary interest to keep participants and staff safe during inclement weather and uncertain conditions that otherwise threaten their safety. In the event that severe weather approaches the area, the Blissfield Aquatic Center management will closely monitor local radar and weather reports. If thunder is heard or lightning is seen, the Blissfield Aquatic Center management will close the pool and guests will be asked to exit the water and pool deck. The locker rooms will remain open until conditions allow for re‐opening the pools.
The Village of Blissfield Aquatic Center staff reserve the right to restrict any activity and/or use of equipment that may be deemed as dangerous. The staff also reserves the right to restrict use to any person who is misusing or disrupting said activity or equipment.
Parks & Recreation General Overview
130 South Lane Street
P.O. Box 129
Blissfield, MI 49228