Fee Schedule & Taxes
Residents of the Village of Blissfield pay property taxes to the village, township, schools, and county. Village of Blissfield residents receive the following:
- One tax bill per year from the Village of Blissfield
- The Village of Blissfield bills residents for village operating taxes. Tax payment must be received at the Village of Blissfield, 130 S. Lane Street, P.O. Box 129, Blissfield, MI 49228. Tax bill must be paid by cash or check. Payment can be sent by mail, made in person at the Village Office, or deposited in the deposit box at the Village Office. Tax bill is mailed in July. Residents have until September 14th to pay.
- Two tax bills per year from Blissfield Township
Blissfield Township bills residents for township, schools, and county taxes. A tax bill is mailed in June for county taxes and one in December for township taxes. Payment must be received by the Blissfield Township Office, P.O. Box 58, Blissfield, Michigan 49228 by September and February 14th respectfully.
|Tax Rates (For 2019)|
|Taxation based on the assessed valuation of a property in the Village|
|Village Operating||14.2215||Per $1,000|
|Township Operating||3.8502||Per $1,000|
|Lenawee-Intermediate School District||7.2796||Per $1,000|
|Local Schools||25.75*||Per $1,000|
|Lenawee Couny||5.728||Per $1,000|
|* add an additional 18.00 per $1,000 additional state education taxation for non-homestead property|
Water Rates, Billing, and Penalties
Water meters are read once per month beginning no sooner than the 15th of the month and ending a few business days after the 15th. The roughly one-month period of time between meter readings is called the “billing period.”
Water bills are mailed to customers no sooner than the first of the next month after the billing period. Water customers can sign up for direct withdrawal, discussed below.
Payment for water bills is due by the 25th of the month in which the water bill is received, or payment is due the next business day after the 25th if the 25th is a weekend or a holiday.
Paying Water Bills
There are six ways to pay your water bill.
- Mail payment to the Village of Blissfield, 130 S. Lane Street, P.O. Box 129, Blissfield, MI 49228.
- Visit the Village Office during normal business hours, 9 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday, and pay your water bill with cash or check payment.
- Deposit payment, along with the stub of your water bill, in the deposit box at the Village Office, found on the back of the Police Department garage(West side of the building).
- you can also pay your water bill at Blissfield State Bank.
- The Village of Blissfield offers a direct withdrawal program for water customers. With a visit to the Village Office, you can complete the necessary paperwork so that the amount of your water bill will be automatically withdrawn from your bank account every month.
- Payments can also be made online at the Village of Blissfield website under Bill Pay.
- The penalty for late payment of a water bill is an extra charge of 10% of water bill’s value.
- In addition to a 10% penalty, interest will accrue at 1.5% per month for any balance that is 30 days past due.
- A notice that water service will be shut off is mailed on the 15th of the month or on the next business day after the 5th of the month if a water customer has not paid the bill received in the previous month.
- To turn on water service after it has been shut off for non-payment, there is a $90.00 fee if water turn-on is between 7 am and 3 pm, Monday – Friday. There is a $180.00 fee if water turn-on is after 3:00 pm. Water bill must be pain in full in addition to this fee.
For example: Water Service Shut-Off, for the billing period August 15th – September 15th:
- The water bill is mailed October 1st.
- Payment of water bill is due October 25th.
- If payment of water bill is not received by October 25th, a 10% penalty fee is added.
- A notice that water service will be shut off is mailed on November 15th.
- If water bill still has not been paid by November 25th, water service is shut off.