Parks & Recreation
Parks and Recreation Department Overview
The Blissfield Parks and Recreation Department is proud to serve the citizens of Blissfield with recreation facilities and affordable recreation and cultural opportunities for people of all ages and abilities to play, get outside and build community.
To build community through people, parks, and programs, Blissfield Parks & Recreation provides a variety of programs for residents including:
- Recreation spaces and facilities
- Coed Adult Volleyball- February/March
- Spring Soccer– April/May; ages 4 to 14
- Blissfield Aquatic Center– May/June/July/August
- 3-on-3 Basketball Tournament– July in downtown Blissfield; grades 3rd thru 12th and adults
- Fall Soccer- August/September/October; ages 4 to 14
- Tackle Football– August/September/October; grades 5th & 6th
- Flag Football– September/October; grades 1st & 2nd and 3rd & 4th
- Cheerleading– September/October (Home Football Games); grades K thru 2nd and 3rd thru 5th
- Blissfield on Tap– 2nd Saturday in August
- Coed Adult Softball– August/September
- Light up the Park– November/December
Public parks provide residents the opportunity to be physically active through outdoor recreation close to home and a space to mentally recharge and reflect. Hundreds of health studies have bolstered the fact that exposure to nature and spending time outdoors reduces stress, boosts immunities, enhances memory, helps with chronic pain, stimulates creativity and more.
The benefits of Parks and Recreation are endless! Are you interested in donating to our Parks? Donate via Venmo or contact the Village Office to make arrangements.
Click here for more information on our commemorative bench and tree program.
130 South Lane Street
P.O. Box 129
Blissfield, MI 49228
Monday - Thursday: 8am - 6pm
Visit our Facebook Page!
The Village of Blissfield is an equal opportunity provider