Village of Blissfield, Michigan
The Village Administrator serves as the chief administrative officer of the village government and is responsible to village council for the administration of all matters placed in the administrator’s charge by the authority of the Michigan General Law Village Act, being Public Act 3 of 1895, other state statutes, Section 140.000 of the village code of ordinances, and other village ordinances and policies.
Some responsibilities of the Village Administrator include:
- Attend all village council meetings
- Carry out policies and resolutions of the council
- Ensure proper enforcement of village laws and ordinances
- Keep the council advised of the financial condition, administrative activities, and future needs of the village.
- Provide reports as the council may require concerning the operation of the village
- Manage and supervise all public works, buildings, roads, utilities, improvements, and other undertakings of the village
- Oversee village services and make related recommendations to the council, boards, committees, and commissions
- Prepare and submit an annual budget and capital improvement program to the council for approval and adoption
- Supervise and coordinate day-to-day activities and work of all departments of the village except the Office of the Village Attorney
Residents, business owners and visitors are welcome and encouraged to call, email or write the Administrator with concerns, questions, comments and ideas or just to talk.
Appointed: July 12, 2021
Phone: (517) 486-4347
Fax: (517) 486-4069